An innovative software solutions provider is looking for a forward-thinking junior e-commerce web project manager who is able to understand and discuss business needs, has excellent team spirit, and is able to work and grow with the company and its customers. Your primary role will be to drive and implement the B2C e-commerce web design process for each client, which will include reviewing the client case, establishing the website project scope and structure. sitemap, navigation and homepage, creating page mockups and implementing parts. of the architecture and design of the site. The ideal candidate requires a tertiary qualification in digital commerce/marketing or project management, at least 3 years designing and implementing e-commerce projects, familiarity with Shopify, WooCommerce, SEO, Mailchimp, basic in HTML and CSS and be ready to learn new platforms with plugins and integrations.
Pilot and implement the B2C e-commerce web design process for each client –
- To prepare: During this phase, it is your responsibility to study the client’s proposal, receive the client’s brief and have a consultation call with the client to understand their business and technical requirements. Also understand their customer segments and high-level customer journeys to inform design.
- Establish the scope of the website project: Summarize your final scope and timeline in the client brief with their approval. Provide customers with a complete list of their requirements to meet deadlines.
- To define: Lead the architecture planning committee and establish a sitemap, navigation and homepage structure to fully meet the brief. Get internal approval, then customer approval.
- Design: Work with designers to establish visual mockup of pages as agreed in client package. Obtain internal and customer approval. Assist with site setup (landing page), Google Analytics integration, social media integration and email subscription functionality as defined by the client.
- To construct: During this phase, the developers will code the site and you will implement parts of the site architecture and design (if a template is used). After the design, you will participate in various integrations (together with the developers) and then load the content according to the package.
- Test and debug: On some sites, you will perform this phase yourself or you may have to manage other people doing testing and debugging. Obtain the client’s signature on the spot. Initiate payment process (due within 6 weeks of signing).
- Deploy: Training with the client to enable them to manage their own back-end and upload content. We will ask you to create videos for the training so that we can provide it as additional help to customers.
- To throw: Launch the site on the day agreed with the client and monitor the site for the first week. Write a performance report at the end of this week and hand the site over to support
To successfully complete the process described above, you must be able to –
- Understand the general business needs of a client.
- Develop site structure and site navigation by understanding the audience and categorizing content appropriately. Properly route traffic to the site.
- Understand the basics of SEO and understand where and how much to integrate it into the process.
- Understand and implement existing models (or explore new ones).
- Give clear design direction to developers and designers to ensure customer satisfaction the first time.
- Make sure the designs don’t all look the same or follow the same pattern. It should be diverse, customer-friendly and excellent. Existing sites are our number one marketing tool and encourage word of mouth referrals.
- Understand NopCommerce in detail. Study it, read it, test it so you know it better than anyone else.
- Understand all the plugins we currently use as well as the integrations available to customers. You must be able to implement some of them on your own.
- Understand SEO and how to integrate it into the design process if necessary.
- Ensure quality solutions by developing and completing test plans, maintaining technical and project documentation as required.
In addition, the following will be expected –
- Stay on time and on budget: Manage all your projects with a balance of speed and precision and ensure milestones are met on time and clients always know where we are in the process.
- Manage developers, designers and testers – when needed, efficiently.
- Meet cost standards by monitoring expenses, implementing cost reduction actions.
- Provide project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Update professional knowledge by keeping up with advances in technology and project management; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participation in professional organizations.
- Achieve organizational goals by accepting responsibility for finding ways to meet new and different demands; exploring opportunities to add value to what we already offer customers.
- Always provide helpful and friendly assistance to existing and potential customers.
- Add value to the business by thinking of offerings that might meet customer needs better than they currently do.
- Add value to the business by creating process flows, learning documentation, or any other new business or technical idea that will move us forward, make us better.
- Look for customer information that will be useful in marketing the business, whether in social media posts, blogs, or articles. Present your findings or ideas to marketing.
- Qualification in business, digital marketing or project management.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of e-commerce projects.
- Familiar with e-commerce platform like Shopify, Woocommerce or others, social media platforms, SEO, Mailchimp, marketing automation.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Eager to learn new platforms, with plugins and integrations.
- Knowledge of nopCommerce is a big plus, but not essential.
- Finisher finisher with strong organizational skills.
- Autonomous with management potential.
- A drive for excellence and applying their own initiative appropriately and effectively.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.